Perimeter E-Security Offers Hosted Log Management Solution with Simple Pricing Model
Log Management, including Security Information Event Management (SIEM) is considered essential when it comes to IT best practices, and for regulated industries it’s a requirement when it comes to compliance. Log management isn’t very complex in theory, but managing increasingly complex networks, and an ever-growing number of applications and virtual servers, log management can pose a challenge for many organizations.
Perimeter E-Security, a provider of SaaS-based security services, hopes to simplify the log management process with a new SaaS-based Log Management solution that gives organizations a simple way to secure their networks and comply with regulations that require log data to be collected, reviewed, and archived securely.
Offered in a “per-device” pricing model, Perimeter’s log management solution simplifies the costs, and often complex pricing models that come with many log management solutions.
“Every company needs to centralize and monitor their security, server and device logs. It’s a security best practice, and financial regulations and mandates such as PCI-DSS increasingly require it. But today’s log management solutions are hard to buy and complex to deploy. Customers shouldn’t have to figure out ‘events-per-second,’ or use a crystal ball to size their capacity needs,” said Andrew Jaquith, CTO of Perimeter E-Security and a SecurityWeek columnist.
Perimeter’s Log Management solution collects logs from customer devices and infrastructure via a lightweight collector appliance that is centrally managed from the Perimeter’s Security Operations Center. Logs are collected without agents by the appliance and then compressed, encrypted and forwarded to highly secure and redundant data centers for processing and storage. Customers can log into a web portal to perform real-time searches or run easy-to-read reports, such as for audit and compliance purposes, or log events, making collecting and analyzing log data simple and less time consuming.
Perimeter’s Log Management solution includes the following:
• Detects threats and defend networks from security breaches and attacks with a cost-effective SaaS solution
• Reduces hassle and cost of installing traditional and complex security monitoring products
• Perimeter’s Security Operation Center allows security experts to assist organizations in detecting and remediating attacks
• Collects logs across the whole organization and safely stores event logs in Perimeter’s SAS70 Type II data centers
• 7-factor threat scenario modeling allows events to be accurately identified and correlated
• Log Management web portal offers 24/7 access to dynamic reports and flexible search tools for powerful analysis, forensic capabilities, and compliance reports
Perimeter’s Log Management solution adds to the company’s other service offerings, including intrusion detection and vulnerability assessment solutions.