Zscaler, a provider of cloud based security solutions, today unveiled Zscaler Mobile, a service designed to protect mobile devices from the ever-increasing number of threats to mobile devices. Combined with Zscaler’s existing Web and email cloud security services, Zscaler Mobile enforces the same policy for users wherever they go, across all their devices. The platform supports leading smartphones and tablets including iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Designed to protect small businesses through large enterprises, Zscaler Mobile leverages its infrastructure (currently 40 data centers worldwide) and includes:
• Uniform policy for users: Zscaler allows IT administrators to define a uniform policy for any user and have it enforced regardless of the device the user is connecting with. Administrators no longer have to deal with multiple point products to secure PCs, smartphones and tablets.
• No extra software to install on mobile devices: Unlike other mobile security vendors that require platform-specific apps to be installed on every device, Zscaler Mobile works seamlessly across mobile platforms, including iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
• Up-to-date 24×7 mobile security: Zscaler Mobile requires no signature updates and provides real-time inspection in the cloud for every web transaction, regardless of whether it came from a browser or from an app installed on the device.
• No degradation of device performance: Zscaler Mobile runs in the cloud and has no impact on device performance, battery life, or processing resources.
• Centralized reporting and administration: Zscaler provides real-time logs and reports for any user, from any location, on any device, at any time.
By enforcing policy in the cloud and not on the device, Zscalers solution scans both user traffic and app traffic, to help block malicious content in the cloud, before it reaches the mobile device, or the corporate network.