SOA Software, a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and cloud services Governance provider, announced the availability of Atmosphere, an API Management solution that manages, monitors and secures APIs.
The solution helps ensure that APIs deliver the level of service customers and partners require and provide security of corporate and customer information and assets.
With enterprises making business applications available as APIs to drive business growth and expose new opportunities, APIs are becoming a method for businesses to interact with their customers, reach new markets, and provide developers with the tools to deliver business capabilities to customers.
Atmosphere provides a secure platform that companies can use to share their APIs with the growing developer community.
The Atmosphere API Management Solution is:
• Hybrid deployment capable — Atmosphere API Management solutions can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud to meet business requirements or regulations that mandate businesses guarantee the security and privacy of customer data
• App-centric — Atmosphere provides security capabilities that allow API providers to control and monitor app’s usage of their APIs
• Policy-driven — Atmosphere defines all security and quality-of-service through centrally managed policies, ensuring consistency between multiple API implementations and versions
• Flexible — Atmosphere allows customers to define and manage their APIs using a wide range of messaging types and formats including REST/XML, REST/JSON and SOAP. It allows customers to create an API with multiple interfaces using different standards with no extra development effort
• SOA enabled — In addition to exposing new capabilities, customers can leverage Atmosphere to harness existing investments in web services and enterprise SOA, presenting these capabilities in new ways
“Atmosphere represents an important breakthrough in the way that enterprises leverage APIs to create new business opportunities by reaching a growing developer community,” said Alistair Farquharson, SOA Software chief technology officer. “It is the first truly enterprise-ready solution, offering customers the robust, flexible capabilities they require for large-scale use.”
The Atmosphere product capabilities include:
• API definition, content, policy and lifecycle management to ensure that APIs are correctly structured and well documented with integration with internal design and development processes
• Intermediation to simplify the creation of RESTful APIs with both XML and JSON content from various internal service types with paging and caching to improve app performance
• Security capabilities to help protect the APIs from abuse and ensure the privacy of customer data
• QoS management (SLAs and quotas) to protect internal applications from overload at the API and to provide customers with service-level guarantee
• Consumer contract monitoring and management of traffic from individual apps
• Integrated sandbox, testing and debugging capabilities to simplify the delivery of high-quality APIs
More information is available att http://atmosphere.soa.com