Cloud-based IT management vendor Kaseya has acquired Scorpion Software in a bid to build out a cloud authentication business.
Scorpion Software specializes in two-factor authentication, single sign-on and password management solutions. According to Kaseya, adding Scorpion Software’s AuthAnvil products to the company’s portfolio will help them create a cloud-based IT management and security offering focused on identity and access management.
“Identity and access management has exploded in importance as global leaders seek solutions to protect their systems and sensitive data from attacks resulting from identity theft and unauthorized system access,” said Yogesh Gupta, president and CEO of Kaseya, in a statement. “The acquisition of Scorpion Software, whose proven AuthAnvil products are used by over 500 customers worldwide, enables us to provide our MSP and enterprise customers the most comprehensive and advanced solution to these challenges, tightly integrated with their Kaseya IT management product.”
Kaseya focuses on remote management software. According to the company, AuthAnvil adds important features to Kaseya’s IT management offering, including:
- Single Sign On (SSO)—Offers one login for all applications, saving time and avoiding the security and efficiency challenges posed by password proliferation
- Web-Based SSO—Automates web logins that do not support single sign on
- Secure Remote Access—Provides secure connection to business resources from virtually anywhere
- Multi-Factor Authentication—Proves the identity of the individual when they login
- Credential Management—Centrally organizes and controls passwords for employees and customers
- Compliance—Enables organizations to prove compliance and meet audit requirements for PCI, HIPAA, SOX, CJIS and other standards
- Password Automation—Automates the expiration and changing of passwords both on-premise and on the web
- Password Auditing—Allows users to meet compliance obligations and gain visibility to password access
“We are extremely excited to be joining Kaseya, the leading IT Management Cloud software provider for MSPs and mid-market enterprises,” said Dana Epp, founder of Scorpion Software, in a statement. “We share Kaseya’s vision of an integrated cloud platform for IT management and security, and look forward to offering the new combined solution to our customers.”