New Solution Helps Provide Visibility Into the Performance and Scalability of Virtualized Infrastructures
Making the announcement surrounding the Interop conference taking place in Las Vegas this week, BreakingPoint today unveiled new capabilities, including the addition of a new “Data Center Resiliency Lab” to its offerings.
With the automated lab, IT organizations can put virtual servers and application delivery infrastructures through a range of high-stress conditions, producing a complete playbook for optimizing performance and mitigating the risks of data center consolidations.
The new capabilities, including the Data Center Resiliency Lab, are available within all BreakingPoint products and services, and available automatically for current customers.
The Austin based company’s flagship product, BreakingPoint FireStorm CTM, is three-slot chassis device capable of simulating blended application traffic at levels up to 120 Gbps and the load from 90 million concurrent users making online purchases, placing phone calls, streaming movies, playing games, sending spam, spreading malware, and engaging in thousands of other scenarios.
With the BreakingPoint Data Center Resiliency Lab, customers can see when increasing load begins to impact the performance of applications and services and use that data to configure the allocation of resources appropriately. With the lab, users can:
• Streamline setup and test configuration with preloaded virtual machines.
• Point-and-click a setup for comprehensive testing at unprecedented scale, without having to coordinate a large number of end users or racks of test servers.
• Model the behavior of millions of active users making Web requests, sending emails, adding and deleting files, and executing database queries.
• Capture metrics and actionable information required to eliminate finger-pointing and safely deploy virtualized infrastructures.
• Validate server and application delivery-infrastructure configuration and transaction integrity under massive application load and with malformed traffic.
• Monitor real-time quality-of-experience measures such as transaction latency and connection failures under an unlimited variety of use case scenarios.
• Automatically produce detailed reports with actionable information for remediating and tuning key infrastructure components, as well as executive-level reports and an exclusive Data Center Resiliency Score.
• Reduce IT infrastructure spending and over-provisioning by taking the guesswork out of rightsizing applications.
“Virtualization has created significant blind spots that are affecting the performance and availability of cloud-based application services,” said BreakingPoint CTO and cofounder Dennis Cox. “Over-provisioning resources as an insurance policy isn’t working. In fact, at a certain point, it is producing the opposite effect. Companies relying on cloud-based services to run their businesses cannot afford to do so based on blind trust. They need a more agile, comprehensive and scalable approach to stressing and validating virtualized infrastructures to fully realize their value,” Cox added.