AT&T today launched AT&T Mobile Security, a new mobile security and mobile enterprise management solution designed for businesses.
The solution is a available for other wireless carriers, so customers don’t need to be an AT&T Wireless customer. It also supports multiple mobile platforms, and includes device-level security, application protection, mobile device management (MDM) capabilities, network-based security controls, and encrypted transport, the company said.
The core solution is powered by Juniper Networks’ Junos Pulse, a managed SaaS service.
“Based on what we saw in the PC-based era, we know device-level protection alone is not enough to secure the mobile environment,” said Ed Amoroso, Chief Security Offer, AT&T. “An effective approach to security must include network level visibility to detect threats before they reach the enterprise, so customers can confidently and safely take advantage of mobile solutions for their businesses.”
With it’s new mobile security offering, AT&T’s goal is to provide businesses with broad protection across wireless environments including device and network level threat detection, application controls, and secure mobile VPN.
AT&T’s portfolio of security and mobile solutions now includes:
• AT&T Mobile Security – Device protection, MDM, and mobile VPN powered by Juniper Networks’ managed SaaS service, Junos Pulse, which protects mobile devices against data theft and loss, viruses, malware and malicious applications. AT&T network capabilities help enable secure access to enterprise assets through private and encrypted tunnels, while helping to protect against botnet infection, malicious websites, and data leakage.
• AT&T Toggle – Integrated security and workspace management for BYOD. Provides visibility and control of the device in “work” mode, while maintaining privacy on the personal side of the device.
• Mobile Device Management (MDM) – Device management capabilities including remote location, lock, wipe, backup, and restore services to decrease risks associated with lost or stolen devices. Customers have access to multiple options through AT&T Mobile Security or other AT&T MDM solutions.
• Mobile Application Management – Application lifecycle management including cross platform application distribution through branded channels, administrative portals, and reporting tools.
• Mobility Solution Services – Access to AT&T professional services to help design, build, support, and manage end-to-end mobile security solutions. Pricing for AT&T Mobile Security is based on factors including the number of devices and network security services selected by a customer.
“The addition of mobile security to [AT&T’s] portfolio is a logical and appropriate next step to providing what today’s businesses need for protecting their mobile environments,” said Stacy Crook, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Mobility at IDC.
Pricing structure includes a per seat option for the device client, and tiered plans for the network-based protection, with a minimum of 50 seats, an AT&T spokesperson told SecurityWeek. AT&T has plans to reduce the 50-seat minimum in the coming months, they said.