HyTrust Cloud Control for VMWare VCloud
HyTrust, Inc., a provider of access control and policy enforcement for virtualization infrastructure, today announced beta availability of a new, cloud-oriented security appliance, HyTrust Cloud Control, designed to work in tandem with VMware vCloud.
Specific capabilities supported by HyTrust Cloud Control include:
• Multi-factor authentication and federated identity
• Persistent zoning for multi-tenancy
• Granular, role-based access control for separation of duties
• Detailed audit logging for compliance
• Hardening and monitoring of the cloud services platform
According to HyTrust, the new security appliance – when coupled with VMware’s vCloud Director – will enable organizations to confidently incorporate a cloud-based service model into their IT strategy and extend from private cloud to hybrid cloud without compromising security, control or compliance. To date, concern about security has been one of the major factors holding back the adoption of cloud technology.
The company also announced out-of-the-box integration between one of its other products, HyTrust Appliance, and VMware vCloud Director.