WatchGuard Technologies today introduced the most powerful security appliance the company has made to date, the WatchGuard XTM 2050. The new appliance is a next-generation firewall (NGFW) that provides enterprise-class security for large enterprises and data centers that require high-performance firewall, application control and intrusion prevention system (IPS).
The WatchGuard XTM 2050 claims true line-speed security inspection on all traffic, supports multi-gigabit packet filtering throughput and provides application control. The XTM 2020 allows customers to connect offices via a Drag and Drop VPN, and gives network and security administrators visibility into real-time and historical user, network and security activities.
Key WatchGuard XTM 2050 Features and Specifications:
• 20 Gbps firewall, and up to 10Gbps full content inspection
• High port density with 16 1GB copper ports and 2 10 GB SFP+ Fiber ports
• Port Independence: any port can be External, Trusted, or DMZ
• Redundant hot-swap power supplies, fans, storage, and NICs
• High Availability (active/passive and active/active)
• WAN and VPN failover
• Application Control for over 1,800 applications
• Integration with Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, others for user-based firewalling
• WatchGuard System Manager full management, reporting, monitoring, logging package included
• IPSec site to site and remote user VPN
• SSL remote user VPN
• Advanced VOIP and HTTPS security
• Extensive traffic shaping, QoS and bandwidth control
WatchGuard Application Control capabilities empower administrators to exercise fine-grained control over 1,800 applications, and understand which applications are being used and by whom. Administrators can enforce acceptable use policies for users and groups by category, application, and application sub-functions.
Integrated Intrusion Prevention in the XTM 2050 works in tandem with the application layer content inspection to provide real-time protection against network threats, including spyware, SQL injections, cross-site scripting, and buffer overflows. The built-in IPS scans traffic on all major protocols, using frequently updated signatures to detect and block various threats.
“Leveraging more than 15 years of firewall and network security expertise, WatchGuard specifically designed the XTM 2050 next-generation firewall to meet the ever changing needs and demanding requirements unique to enterprise environments,” said Eric Aarrestad, VP of Marketing at WatchGuard Technologies. “With this next-generation firewall, businesses can define, enforce and audit strong security and acceptable use policies, which results in increased employee productivity and optimized protection of critical network resources, applications and data.”