Skybox Security, a provider of IT security risk analytics, announced on Thursday that it has raised $6 million in a funding round led by Susquehanna Investment Group and other investors.
The company’s flagship platform helps organizations automate security tasks such as vulnerability and threat management and network security management.
According to San Jose, California-based Skybox, the investment will be used to accelerate growth by expanding sales territories and teams, developing channel partners, and adding resources to support its customer base.
The company said it experienced 80 percent growth in new customers in 2013, and 45 percent growth in product shipments during the year.
“Cyber threats pose a tremendous risk and management challenge worldwide,” said Gidi Cohen, CEO, Skybox Security. “This new investment ensures that we are able to introduce our vulnerability and threat management solutions in every part of the globe, providing visibility and intelligence to minimize the chance of damage and data loss from advanced targeted attacks.”
Skybox Security’s solutions portfolio includes:
Vulnerability and Threat Management – Automates and integrates continuous vulnerability discovery, analysis, and remediation, featuring:
• Skybox Risk Control – An integrated security management solution that combines vulnerability discovery, automatic risk prioritization, and remediation workflow to effectively reduce cyber risks.
• Skybox Threat Manager – Evaluates the latest threat intelligence against the context of an organization’s assets, highlighting potential business impacts and automatically prioritizing vital threats.
Network Security Management – Provides visibility of the network, and validates that network security devices are effectively configured to ensure security and compliance, featuring:
• Skybox Firewall Assurance – Examines firewall rules and configurations automatically to keep the network secure, optimized and in compliance with regulations and policies with minimal effort.
• Skybox Network Assurance – Provides visibility of the network topology and fast answers to network device configuration and connectivity questions in seconds.
• Skybox Change Manager – Automates the workflow of firewall change management process.
The company was founded in 2002 and says six of the top 10 global banks and six of the 10 largest NATO members use its technology.