Merchant security solutions provider SecurityMetrics, today announced SecurityMetrics Vision™, a network “threat sensor” designed to help smaller businesses secure their networks and comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
SecurityMetrics Vision combines vulnerability scanning, log analysis, wireless detection and a firewall/router into a small device that plugs into an Ethernet port on the merchant’s local area network, runs quietly in the background. The device is securely linked to the SecurityMetrics online portal where results and alerts are posted.
The product is expected to ship toward the end of this month with pricing starting at $99 per month, offering merchants a simple, low-cost protection against card data theft while addressing key PCI requirements.
It eliminates the need to purchase multiple products and simplifies security management, reporting and specific PCI requirements for smaller merchants who lack the IT staff or resources to deploy expensive and complex solutions.
“We designed SecurityMetrics Vision to be easy to set up and administer for merchants, many of whom don’t have the time or expertise to resolve key PCI requirements,” said SecurityMetrics CEO Brad Caldwell.
SecurityMetrics Vision features network monitoring, analysis and alert capabilities that help merchants remain secure. The product offers the following features:
• Internal vulnerability scanning searches the merchant network for thousands of internal security weaknesses that may leave businesses susceptible to data theft. The scan engine is updated daily to ensure protection against compromise, and detailed results are reported in a secure online portal after each scan.
• Log alerts provide account and email/text notification when malicious system activity is observed.
• Log storage collects system logs and ensures that merchants have the required log records in the event of a data breach.
• Wireless detection identifies all wireless access points within the network to find potential rogue devices that may be used to steal and access card data.
• Firewall/router protects cardholder data and restricts unknown network connections.
The product also helps acquirers and ISOs reduce their business liability and enhance the value of their merchant portfolios by driving merchant security among their merchant base.
“This new product provides a simple, low-cost, one-box solution to help smaller merchants keep their businesses safe against hackers and simplify one of the most difficult security challenges: network monitoring,” Caldwell added.