A new Plug-in for Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) helps protect corporate networks by providing visibility into the true origin and destination of data and only allowing data to travel within the trusted realm of a company’s geographical business interest.
Microdasys, an Internet security software company, recently unveiled its latest product, GeoShield, a data origin security software system that adds a new layer of security to Microsoft Forefront TMG by providing visibility into the actual geographic location of a server.
“The development of GeoShield was intended to provide enterprises with better visibility into their data streams. As GeoShield allows the definition of a trusted realm, a geographic representation of a company’s business interests, it greatly reduces threat exposure and risk of attack,” said Matthew Schroeder, CTO at Microdasys. “The recent spike in malicious iFrame attacks through hacked web sites and poisoned banner ads that silently download malware from offshore hosts, confirm the need for security policies that take geo-location into consideration.”
Designed to thwart data theft, phishing and online fraud, the software is a native 64 bit plug-in into Forefront TMG and ISA Server 2006. GeoShield is generally available now and works in concert with all security features that Forefront TMG provides without the need for extra hardware.
Administrators can set security policies that confine users and devices to certain geographic regions, thus greatly limiting exposure to attack and data loss without impeding business processes.
Key benefits of GeoShield:
• Blocks access to servers that are located in untrusted geographical regions.
• Allows security policies based on actual server location.
• Intercepts embedded email and web links and blocks or allows connections based on the Geo Policy.
• Stops Phone-Home Trojans and data exfiltration to untrusted countries, regardless of protocol or port.
• Increased productivity and security by allowing only connections to countries that organizations normally do business with.
For more information, visit www.microdasys.com