McAfee today announced a round of enhancements to its Cloud Security Platform, the company’s offering to help organizations take advantage of cloud computing in a secure fashion.
The McAfee Cloud Security Platform is a content-aware solution that secures the primary channels of traffic including email, web and authentication – moving between an organization and the Cloud.
The Platform can be deployed on-premise via appliance, in the cloud through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), or as a hybrid solution.
The latest advancements in McAfee’s Cloud Security Platform include:
• McAfee Cloud Identity Manager, also available from Intel as Intel Expressway Cloud Access 360, expands integration with SAML aware and traditional log-in cloud applications and enhances end user ease of use with an SSO Portal for centralized, seamless access
• McAfee Data Loss Prevention (DLP) The latest release (9.2) includes virtual machine support enables organizations to leverage their on-premise or cloud infrastructures and data classification capabilities for rapid inventory, categorization and remediation of data across hundreds of servers and thousands of file shares.
• McAfee Email Gateway version 7.0, which completes consolidation of the Secure Computing Email Gateway (IronMail) platform with the McAfee Email and Web Security appliance platform, offers new advanced encryption features, including push and pull, and the ability to view encrypted messages from mobile devices. McAfee SaaS Email Protection has enhanced DLP capabilities through the addition of file fingerprinting.
• McAfee Services Gateway, also available from Intel as Intel Expressway Service Gateway, now has support for IBM MQ and Splunk for reporting, and high-assurance security certifications. McAfee Services Gateway expands security for REST Web services with new policy controls, support for Salesforce.com APIs and SAML for identity processing.
• McAfee Web Gateway version 7.1.6 offers enhanced features to limit corporate liability and exposure, and enforce corporate Web usage policies for increased security. McAfee Web Gateway application control now leverages the McAfee AppPrismTM database for granular control of over 1,000 Web applications.
The latest enhancements also bring improved integration into McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator platform. Integration into ePolicy Orchestrator platform is also available for McAfee Services Gateway, providing monitoring and security event visibility for Web services.
The platform and modules are powered by McAfee Global Threat Intelligence, which leverages the cloud with millions of sensors and hundreds of threat researchers worldwide to deliver real-time, and predictive threat intelligence against known and emerging threats.
“Organizations want to take advantage of the time- and money-saving benefits of the Cloud, but they have concerns around data security,” said Marc Olesen, senior vice president and general manager, Content and Cloud Security at McAfee. “Offering comprehensive security capabilities from both Intel and McAfee, we are developing and investing in technology that makes it possible for businesses to more confidently use and trust the Cloud, and subsequently benefit from the savings it can offer.”
McAfee will be demonstrating the Cloud Security Platform at the Cloud Computing Expo taking place this week in Santa Clara, California.