Dell announced new Enterprise Mobility Services today, a line of services and solutions to help address strategic pain points that enterprises and CIOs are experiencing as critical challenges to their business as the work force becomes increasingly mobile. The new services and solutions announced today include:
• Strategic Consulting – Services to establish an Enterprise Mobile Strategy: comprised of business consulting, tools, scenario assessment and cost benefit analysis, as well as implementation services for mobilization of workflows, business processes, mobile application development, end-to-end security, and networking.
• Mobile Device Management – Secure mobile lifecycle management services including provisioning, compliance, policy enforcement, asset management, application management, performance monitoring and usage.
• Telecom Expense Management – End-to-end industry best practice approach to management of voice, data, wireless, international roaming, and VoIP spend.
• Custom Application Development – Rapid-application development for emerging mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets with multi-platform, multi-carrier capabilities.
• Mobile Enterprise Application Platform – Design, build, and deploy based on the Dell Mobility Application Platform (DMAP) to mobilize business applications and processes across any user, device and location — on any network or mobile device platform.
• Security & Compliance – Secure mobile enterprise solutions for customers on both personal and corporate devices that deliver virtual and secure access to enterprise applications from any device.
Dell’s Enterprise Mobility Services will be deployed in North America and the U.K. first followed by expansion into EMEA and APJ regions.
Smartphones and tablets are expected to see future increased and substantial use in the enterprise. More people will be using personal or employer-issued mobile devices for work, with no single operating system or platform is likely to dominate the market as platforms like Android and iOS battle it out.