AirTight Delivers Managed Wi-Fi Access, PCI Scanning and Network Security in a Single Device
AirTight Networks, a provider of Wireless intrusion prevention systems and services, has announced the launch of AirTight Cloud Services, a new suite of managed services which adds Wi-Fi access to its portfolio of on-demand wireless security and compliance solutions.
Branded as AirTight Secure Wi-Fi, the service offers hosted, cloud-based, secure Wi-Fi access, PCI scanning, and network security in a single device. For enterprises such as retail, hospitality or quick serve restaurants, AirTight Cloud Services provide a secure, single cell WLAN network with minimum cost and complexity while satisfying all PCI DSS wireless security requirements at no additional expense.
AirTight explained that in order to deploy wireless across a geographically distributed network of stores, merchants had two choices — invest in a complex enterprise Wi-Fi infrastructure which is expensive and requires dedicated resources to administer — or install cheaper consumer grade access points with no centralized management and weak security. AirTight’s new platform fills that gap by now providing merchants of all sizes with an easy to deploy, cost effective and automated way to roll out Wi-Fi while satisfying their PCI DSS wireless scanning requirements.
AirTight Cloud Services are offered as four levels with an automated upgrade to any of the other modules as needed, including: PCI Wireless Compliance, Wireless Intrusion Detection (WIDS), Wireless Intrusion Prevention (WIPS), AirTight Secure Wi-Fi.
Benefits of AirTight Cloud Services include:
• Ease of use — designed for remote office with little or no IT support
• Controller-less Architecture — eliminates unnecessary costs and complexity to deploy, manage and secure the WLAN
• Plug and Play deployment — pre-configured APs/Sensors are operational in minutes with no on-site support required
• Portal based administration — cloud-based portal allows anywhere, anytime visibility and management
• Role based permissions — eliminates dependence on IT for remote administration, customization and reporting
• Policy based security — allows security administrators to retain control over network security and compliance Location based configuration
“Wi-Fi has become a commodity, yet cost and complexity have continued to impede deployment for many organizations simply because they don’t have the budget or resources required to deploy traditional solutions,” said David King, Chairman and CEO of AirTight.
AirTight Secure Wi-Fi service starts at $30 per month for a single location.