Wave Systems, a Massachusetts-based provider of encryption and security solutions, this week launched Wave Encryption Service (WES), a cloud-based encryption solution designed to be easy to deploy, manage and enforce.
WES allows organizations of all sizes to centrally enforce strong data encryption policies on laptops across the organization to secure data and meet compliance regulations—without the complexity and cost associated with an on-premise solution.
The solution supports a variety of client encryption solutions, including folder-level software encryption and Microsoft Bitlocker. WES also manages Opal self-encrypting drives (SEDs), which offer security and performance benefits over other forms of encryption.
The Wave Encryption Service offers the following features:
• A Web-based unified management console that allows businesses to organize their devices into policy groups
• Support for multiple encryption technologies ranging from Microsoft BitLocker to self-encrypting hard drives (SEDs)
• Pre-configured policy settings, alerts and reports that show compliance on demand
• A centralized management log to meet safe harbor requirements
• An intelligent client agent that:
• Automatically enrolls target devices
• Implements and enforces centralized policy settings even on disconnected devices
• Locks out data based on centrally designated triggers such as hard drive removal
• One-touch service activation helps customers achieve IT security policy compliance in minutes rather than days
• Low-touch deployment that frees organizations to focus on their core business
• Transparency to end users, with no effects on user actions or system performance
“Some data protection laws on the state and federal level mandate encryption at the endpoint, no matter how big or small the business or the size of its IT budget,” said Brian Berger, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Sales at Wave. “The Wave Encryption Service is designed to provide the same compliance-grade security of an on-premise solution, without the complexity or cost. It can eliminate the need to install or maintain third-party software and can be implemented securely in the Cloud. We believe it is an ideal alternative for the cost-conscious SMB and the enterprise.”