Appliance Helps Accelerate Custom BYOD Policy Enforcement
Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, today announced a new bring-your-own device (BYOD) solution designed to help address the increasingly complex and pressing concerns with the BYOD trend, including security, user experience, simplicity and flexibility.
The solution, dubbed Enterasys Mobile IAM (Mobile Identity and Access Manager), is available as a physical or virtual appliance, and is able to be implemented without the need for additional IT staffing and serve as a single solution for corporate owned and user owned devices.
Enterasys, which is a subsidiary of Siemens Enterprise Communications, also provides professional services to help customers with timely installation and setup of the solution.
The company says that for $22,000, its professional services team, in a 10-day timeframe, can execute the 3,000-device deployment of a customized, guaranteed BYOD solution supporting Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry and other devices, with user/device profiling, authentication, policy management, and user-interface setup.
Other services introduced include integration with other Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions, VDI deployments from VMware and Citrix, and threat management from Palo Alto Networks.
Features provided by Enterasys Mobile IAM include:
• Device, User and Location-specific network and application access
• Granular enforcement of policies based upon user and device profiles
• One-step access to the network without the need for portals
• Automation of policy and provisioning capabilities
The Enterasys Mobile IAM Appliance includes the following features:
• Auto Discovery: Automatic discovery and provisioning of users, devices and access location.
• Multi-Level Device Profiling: The ability to automatically detect device types based upon not only OS (e.g. Apple iOS), but also the device type (e.g., iPad).
• Flexible Onboarding: As enterprises increasingly provide employees with their choice of devices, they need the ability to manage multi-vendor networks. Mobile IAM supports multi-vendor networks, giving users a variety of options for devices and operating systems.
• Context-Based Policy Management: Helps users enforce granular policies to ensure optimal usage of network resources and application capacity while providing end-to-end visibility of employees, guests, devices, and location usage.
• Guest Access Management: Provides context-based policy enforcement and end-to-end management, as well as auditing and reporting on guest access.
• Physical and Virtual offerings: Enterasys Mobile IAM is also offered as virtual appliance.
The Enterasys Mobile IAM appliance offerings are scheduled to be available in Q2 2012 with pricing starting at $20,995 with support for 3,000 mobile devices. Pricing will scale based on the number of devices.