SAN FRANCISCO – RSA CONFERENCE 2012 – EMC today announced the availability of five new security and risk management advisory services designed to help organizations improve levels of trust and control for next-generation IT infrastructures such as cloud, virtualization, and mobile.
Developed by EMC’s consulting division, the new offerings will help customers keep information is secure, and be in compliance with regulations. The new Security and Risk Management Advisory Services include:
• Trusted Cloud Advisory Services are designed to build trust in an organization's next-generation IT architecture. These services leverage EMC's deep experience in identity, information, and infrastructure security, providing visibility into, and control of, an organization's private and public cloud environments.
• Information Governance Advisory Services were created to enable the development of a cohesive approach to information governance. Organizations better understand where information lives, how it's delivered and accessed, and how it's used and governed in order to facilitate safe, efficient stewardship of high-value information.
• Governance, Risk, and Compliance Advisory Services are designed to identify, analyze, manage, and mitigate risks. These services bring governance and visibility to risk management, providing confidence that information is secure, compliant with regulations, and meets specific business requirements.
• Fraud and Identity Management Advisory Services help organizations cope with the complex, evolving threat landscape. Clients can protect sensitive information, while allowing trusted identities to freely and securely interact with online systems in ways that increase efficiency, improve customer satisfaction, and control costs. Business agility is balanced with the appropriate levels of security and authentication.
• Mobile Device Security Advisory Services were developed to allow organizations to extend their current enterprise security policies and controls to help mitigate the rapidly escalating risks associated with providing mobile devices access to sensitive data and resources.
"Security culpability is no longer the responsibility of just the CISO. The demand for broadened information access and an increasingly interconnected mobile workforce is exposing sensitive corporate data to new forms of risk and leakage,” said Chris Christiansen, Program Vice President, Security Products & Services, IDC. EMC's new Security and Risk Management Services are the ideal remedy to lock down access control and identify IT infrastructure security gaps before they become problematic or worse, irrevocably damaging."