Portable Appliance Enables Massive-Scale Performance and Security Testing Anywhere, Anytime
BreakingPoint Systems today announced the availability of FireStorm ONE, a portable and compact solution designed to enable organizations to perform massive-scale performance and security testing anywhere at any time.
The single-rack unit device is capable of creating 40 Gbps of blended stateful application traffic and live attacks, and 30 million concurrent TCP sessions—numbers the company says replicate the online behavior of every person in New York City and Los Angeles, combined.
Ideal for mobile proof-of-concept labs, cyber war exercises, optimizing 3G/LTE/4G networks, testing next-generation firewalls and more, FireStorm ONE enables organizations to predict and prevent the impact of attacks and changes in network traffic.
The FireStorm ONE helps meet the performance and portability needs of equipment vendors, enterprises, and government and military organizations who can use the FireStorm ONE to:
• Establish scalable and transportable proof-of-concept labs for customer evaluations using their unique traffic scenarios.
• Reduce time-to-test to minimize costs and accelerate development of network and data center devices.
• Optimize and harden mobility network equipment to deliver next-generation devices.
• Evaluate network equipment to choose the right device for their unique networks.
• Right-size data centers and virtualized infrastructures for peak performance and capacity use.
• Continuously validate performance and security to avoid IT risk as their networks change.
• Train and certify cyber warriors to predict and prevent attack.
• Perform on-the-go cyber security research and simulations to keep ahead of the latest threats.
• Deploy global compact cyber ranges in order to harden critical communication infrastructures.
With a single appliance and one interface, the one rack unit can create:
• 40 Gbps of blended stateful application traffic and live attacks.
• 30 million concurrent TCP sessions.
• 1 million TCP sessions per second.
• 8 Gbps of SSL encryption with any cipher.
• 12 million mobile users, 8,000 eNodeBs and 3 million concurrent GTP tunnels.
FireStorm ONE has access to a threat library of more than 34,000 attacks, with frequent updates published by the company’s team of in-house security researchers. Additionally, the device can also provide live malware and mobile malware for testing of anti-virus gateways and other behavioral analysis and contextual security devices.
FireStorm ONE scales to essentially unlimited performance levels with multiple devices using a single user interface, one configuration, and integrated reporting.